Adaptive Sports and Inclusive Play in Southern Dallas-Fort Worth
In addition to school-based Special Olympics teams, our community has a county-wide delegation for year-round support of individuals with disabilities. Our team name is Ellis County United because we want to be a unifying organization for Ellis County within the disability community. The ECU delegation’s goal is to form community partnerships with organizations and businesses to promote inclusive play and adaptive sports for athletes of all ages and abilities. Our county-wide delegation provides opportunities for athletes who aren’t enrolled in public schools due to age or academic choices for private, charter or home-school options. Additionally, we are able to supplement the school-based delegations with summer sports and additional offerings beyond the typical bowling, basketball and track.
- Summer: Swimming, Golf, Bocce and Kayaking
- Fall: Bowling, Powerlifting, and Flag Football
- Winter: Basketball and Cycling
- Spring: Cheerleading and Track & Field
- NEW for 2020: Equestrian
Over the past two years, we have had some milestones to share.
- Over 150 athletes registered to participate in all of our sports
- New sports: Flag Football (2019), Cheerleading (2019), Equestrian (2020)
- Over 250 hours of adaptive sports for Ellis County
- Collaborative partnerships with YMCA, Waxahachie Country Club, Daymark Living, Knights of Columbus Council 8417 and Paws for Reflection.
- Grant funding for uniforms and equipment from the Waxahachie Foundation.
QUICK FIND: Summer Sports Info & Sign Up:
Regular Registration Starts March 2 and ends on April 1. For practice details – see the sports offerings on the main menu: https://www.elliscountyunited.org/sport-offerings/
- Summer Sports RegistrationRegular Registration Starts March 2 and ends on April 1. Registration Fees Registration Fee: $30 for the first month of registration (3/ 1 to 4/1)Late Registration Fee: $45 (After 4/1)Registration Fees do not cover State Fees, Travel or Lodging. Swim: http://bit.ly/ECUSwimReg2020Golf: http://bit.ly/ECUGolfReg2020Bocce: http://bit.ly/ECUBocceReg2020Kayaking: http://bit.ly/ECUKayakReg2020 SportRegistration OpensFirst Practice Golf 3/2/2020 4/6/2020 @ WCC Swim 3/2/2020 6/2/2020 @ YMCA Bocce 3/2/2020 … Read more
- Quarterly Delegation Meeting (3/1/2020)Annotated Agenda Welcome Introduction of Executive Committee & Committee Chair: Our newly formed executive committee, committee chairs and coaches were introduced. Check out the list of individuals who have committed to ECU! https://www.elliscountyunited.org/ecu-committee-coaches/ Meeting RotationsCommittee: First Monday of Feb, May, Aug, NovDelegation: First Monday of March, June, Sept & Dec Committee Updates & Recruitment: Please … Read more